Clap! Clap! Clap! at 5 pm..!

And as I joined my nation at 5 pm, clapping, what I heard were not just the sounds of two hands joining together to produce applause, no, what I heard was unitedness, togetherness, a singleness of purpose, a collective positivity, a unanimous feeling of bonding, shoulder to shoulder, hand in hand, jointly, deciding to stand as ONE!
I know the original purpose to have people clapping from their windows was to applaud those who were working relentlessly to contain the virus, but what happened, sorry dear leaders, was much more.
I saw different communities, men with and without beards, women wearing saris, others in western dress, but all INDIANS, coming together to clap.
The positivity that hit me was deafening! We were all clapping, united against the onslaught of an enemy that had entered our country!
What a show of solidarity!
There were temple bells ringing, along with church bells! There were chants going up, along with calls for prayer, but in a beautiful way, each sound, wound itself around the other, like a beautiful tapestry, so wonderful to behold!
Clap, clap, clap, went millions of hands, with people smiling at each other as they clapped.
In one housing society, the people started singing from their windows,
“We shall overcome, We shall overcome, We shall overcome someday,
For deep in my heart, I do believe, We shall overcome some day!”
And then looking at each other, Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Jain, Parsi and everybody else, they continued:
“We’ll walk hand in hand, We’ll walk hand in hand, We’ll walk hand in hand someday,
For deep in my heart, I do believe, we’ll walk hand in hand someday!”
But it’s someday no more!
It’s today!
A nation which has been torn by communal hate, now has a common enemy to bind her together. We were bound together when we fought the British, and drove them out of India. We were like minded when we fought the emergency and threw out a lady who wanted to break our democracy, now let us be fettered together to throw out the hatred and divide that has encompassed our people, stand united, clap in unison, and cleansed of all feeling of hostility, fight as one INDIA against this invasion!
We’ve done it before, now let’s do it again and from our balcony’s, let us sing,
“We’ll walk hand in hand, we’ll walk hand in hand, We’ll walk hand in hand today!
For deep in my heart, now I do feel, That we’ll walk hand in hand from Today..!”

IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE BOB’S BANTER EVERYDAY, PLEASE SEND YOUR NAME AND WHATSAPP PHONE NO TO [email protected]

Read…
DARE by Robert Clements.
It will change your life.

7 thoughts on “Clap! Clap! Clap! at 5 pm..!”

  1. Hope the leadership who are doing their very best to uproot the unity of religion, caste, creed and all that divides us realise this and bring an end to their devious methods

  2. While I resonante with the idea that we were united in our ability to showcase our unity, i differ with the underlying tone beneath it all.

    One illiterate turned the masses into monkeys,clanging away.

    Instead of demanding that this leader
    ~ spell out allocation of disaster relief funds and medical aid strategy for all.
    ~ allocate double the amount of funds spent on statues
    ~ push industrialists to contribute now

    I feel the gesture to thank all those who are working tirelessly despite the lockdown, curfew, the need to isolate and quarantine… was commendable.

    The truth behind it all is, that we got high pitched fever banging away with different intent. Its only a matter of time before India is hypnotised to the extent that, if the hypnotiser ordered them to rid the country of the unhypnotised, they would happily do it within a day.
    This was a test to see solidarity.
    I speak from my experience in Gujarat.

    I differ that this was a show of solidatory cos beneath it all if you strip the entire issue down, harsh reality is downright disturbing.

  3. Yesterday we saw unity in diversity as all Indians clapped to show solidarity to fight the uninvited common enemy, the Corona virus. The unity shown yesterday to fight the tiny invisible virus bind us as we pray “Bind us together Lord, bind us together, with cords that can not be broken, bind us together with love that we walk hand in hand together.

  4. Grief ,fear and calamities knit people with stronger bonds than happiness ever can .
    Common sufferings are stronger links than common joys !

  5. In 2014 the PM asked for sab ka saath. We have that at 5 pm yesterday, AT Last. We accepted that we are all INDIAN

  6. The celebration following the lockdown was a mockery of corona virus .it was a s if We found a vaccine for the virus . Just Jumla .God help India

Leave a Reply