4th Man in the Fire..!

Good ole Kapil Dev!

Not only did he lead the cricket team of 1983 to a World Cup victory, but he set hearts afire yesterday as he led the same team to announce their complete support to the protesting girl wrestlers in Delhi: His whole World Cup team, except Roger Binny!

Hours after the announcement, Binny distanced himself from his team, mentioning he was not part of those who had lent their support to the protesting girls. One doesn’t have to look far to see why Roger did this; he’s been made the chief of the cricket board, and owes many his position, and doesn’t obviously want to ruffle any feathers.

Sometime back in a WhatsApp group, I made a statement that got the group a bit rattled. After that many called me to either ask what I meant or to support what I’d said, but one erstwhile member in particular got my attention, “Bob,” he said, after he had heard me out, “I fully support you and what you’ve mentioned!”

“Then why don’t you write that on the group?” I asked.

“No, I can’t do that,” he said quickly, “I’m trying to do some business with a few members in the group and don’t want to antagonize them!”

I chuckled to myself as I finished the call, and thought of three friends, Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego, who dared centuries ago, to stand up against the might of a powerful emperor. I’m going to take the verses direct from the Bible:

King Nebuchadnezzar made an image of gold, and proclaimed, “Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a blazing furnace.”

At this time some astrologers came forward, they said to King Nebuchadnezzar, “Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego neither serve your gods nor worship the image of gold you have set up.” Furious with rage, Nebuchadnezzar summoned Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and said, “Is it true, that you do not serve my gods or worship the image of gold I have set up? If you do not worship it, you will be thrown immediately into a blazing furnace.”

They replied to him, “We do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”

Then Nebuchadnezzar was furious, he ordered the furnace heated seven times hotter than usual and commanded some of the strongest soldiers in his army to tie up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and throw them into the blazing furnace.

Then King Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement and said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.”

Nebuchadnezzar then approached the opening of the blazing furnace and shouted, “Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out! Come here!” So, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego came out of the fire, and the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them.

Then Nebuchadnezzar said, “Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king’s command.”

That my dear readers is the story of the 4th man in the fire; a God who will stand with you who Dare to Stand Alone..!

————————————————-

Would love to hear from you in the COMMENTS section below…and IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE BOB’S BANTER EVERYDAY, PLEASE SEND YOUR NAME AND WHATSAPP PHONE NO TO [email protected]

ENROLL FOR THE WRITER’s COURSE…

…Get trained to write powerfully by the author, whose article you just read! Don’t wait! Send a thumbs up for details to 9892572883 and let Robert Clements train you in his easy and comfortable way Let the power of WORDS spoken and written effectively and forcefully, change your life! Join the Writer’s and Speaker’s Course, July Batch TODAY! Send a thumbsup to 9892572883 now!

6 thoughts on “4th Man in the Fire..!”

  1. That’s a powerful example to explain how daring to be courageous can yield results.
    Soon the types of Roger Binny will face the fire of his own inactions.

  2. Such thing in happen in puran,Bible and kuran not in practice.In that case people practicing bad thing have been strongly punished.

  3. The Bible has history not mythology. Parables were used by Jesus to reveal truth.History is truth.Jesus has a place in history.Kapil Dev was my two year old son’s hero and is mine. He made us proud. Now he’s again a hero for standing up for the right. Binny has forgotten that God gave him talent, opportunity to shine and has given him a position. If that becomes his idol, he has replaced God with mere man. God will disown him, if he does not stand up for the right.

Leave a Reply