Little Woman..!

I don’t know what the results are going to be tomorrow, with exit polls varying in their proclamations but whatever it is, we in our country will not forget the picture of a small, diminutive woman fighting against the mighty power of the centre, with all its army and machinery…

Just Another Woman..!

She was beautiful! She was Pakistani! She strolled over to where I sat, on the banks of the St Lawrence, in the USA, just before the river rolled into the Great Niagara. “May I sit here with you?” she asked. “Sure,” I said and made place for her on the…

Rise Up and Win..!

And as Covid lays low, not just lives but jobs and businesses and there is a feeling of despair all around, I decided I would fill today’s piece with quotes from those who spoke about failing, getting up and fighting, again and again and again. “Our greatest glory is not…

No Victory Processions..!

The three men looked at each other fearfully, “We are being called murderers!” whispered the chief to the other two, “How ever could a court call us that?” “Next, they may hang us!” said the junior of the three, “I have an allergy to ropes, especially when they are round…

Speed Breaker Psychology..!

“In our country,” said the important looking official, from the transport department, “the speed breaker is a symbol. Do you know the kind of training the speed breaker makers undergo? “No,” I said. “I thought they were just ordinary masons.” “Ah, how little you know,” said the official passing a…

Higher Ground..!

We are such weak creatures. Just when we think we are morally strong and begin to think that we cannot fall, we slip. Where do I get the strength to stand tall all the time? I realize such strength did not come about very easily. Just when we think we…

Lockdown Evolution..!

With the second major lockdown being imposed all over, there is a growing concern among renowned doctors of WHO, which after Donny Trump’s frequent outbursts against it is not taken as seriously as they once were. I chanced to be there in my imagination in one of their meetings. “I…

Not Just Fancy Legs..!

“Doesn’t he love showing off his fancy legs!” I said loudly, while walking at the park, last January. Loud enough for my companions to hear and they sniggered as the bald man in faded white T- shirt and shorts walked by at his incredible speed. The weather last January had…