Noise Outside my Window..!

“Chip-chip! Chip-chip! Chip-chip! Chip-chip!”

The squirrel outside my window was making quite a racket this afternoon. “Stop the racket!” I said as I opened the window and stared harshly at him.

“Quite a tough stare you’ve got considering your wife made you a good breakfast!” said the squirrel, grinning gleefully, “Noticed you relished the masala dosa she made!”

“What’s the dosa she made have anything to do with you?” I asked.

“Just thought you’d be full of joy when you opened the window!” said the squirrel cheekily, “Also considering you’d be overjoyed after launching your book last year?”

“I don’t understand!” I said crossly, “Why good breakfasts and a book, should be brought into this conversation between us?”

“It’s you I can’t understand!” said the squirrel, “With so many good things happening there’s no joy on your face!”

“Oh, you expect me to sit on the tree and chirp like you?” I asked disgustedly, “Especially when you should be worrying about that eagle who came looking for your little ones yesterday!”

“Was that what you were doing, worrying about some interloper entering your home?” asked the squirrel, “Or whether you had enough money in the bank to last the month?”

“While you were chirping away like an idiot, that’s exactly what I was doing!” I said.

“And how many times has your home been robbed, or you’ve seen a zero bank balance?”

“Well, now that you mention it, never!” I said reluctantly, “But one should always be prepared for any eventuality!”
“Aha!”

“What aha?” I asked.
—————————————–
Enrolled? Just 5 Seat left!
—————————————-

“So that long, harsh face you’ve got is the face of being prepared for an eventuality that’s never happened so far? And you would rather keep that face on, than chirp like me for the good things happening in your life?”

“Now that you put it that way,” I agreed reluctantly.

“There’s no other way to put it!” said the squirrel, “You wait night and day for catastrophes to fall on you, while losing precious thankful moments!”

I kept the window open as the squirrel continued its joyous chirping, “Chip-chip! Chip-chip! Chip-chip!”

“CHIP-CHIP!” I chirped.

The wife walked into the room, looked at my happy face and asked, “Did I hear a baritone Chip-chip just now?”

I winked at the squirrel who winked back at me and soon we were joined by the sparrows, the parrots, the crows and woodpecker, all chirping, cawing and calling out in thanksgiving, for simple wants that had been fulfilled!

“CHIP-CHIP..!”
———————————————
ENROLL…
…Get trained by the very person whose article you just read! Don’t wait! Send a thumbs up for details to 9892572883 and let Robert Clements train you in his easy and comfortable way Let the power of WORDS spoken and written effectively and forcefully, change your life! Join the Writer’s and Speaker’s Course, April Batch TODAY! Send a thumbsup to 9892572883 now!

Would love to hear from you in the COMMENTS section below…and IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE BOB’S BANTER EVERYDAY, PLEASE SEND YOUR NAME AND WHATSAPP PHONE NO TO [email protected]

2 thoughts on “Noise Outside my Window..!”

  1. On our prayer group this season of lent, we’ve been nominating different negative traits to fast from. I nominated ‘ingratitude’ as the trait for today and my thoughts echoed the thoughts of our little squirrel friend in your article today Bob.

    Ever so often we need reminders to reflect on and be grateful for the countless blessings in our life. And to stop worrying and fretting about things we really can do nothing about.

    Now every time I see a squirrel on the tree outside my kitchen window, I know what I will do …. I shall chip chip chip away ?

  2. TheBible says, Whatsoever things are lovely, think on those things. God tells us not to worry about what to expect in our future. He’s a good Father who gives us the best in His deep love for us that’s never ending.

Leave a Reply