Ask and It Shall Be Given

After fifty years an old man met another old woman whom he’d known in his youth. He remembered her as a winsome beauty and someone all the boys were after. “I wanted so desperately to marry you!” he said.
“Why didn’t you?” she asked.
“I was scared you’d refuse!” said the old man.
“I wouldn’t have,” she said, “I liked you, but you never asked for my hand in marriage!”
Imagine, he lost a beautiful woman because he never asked!
A snooty millionaire took some of his upper-class friends yachting. They passed a deserted island where a man with a long beard, and tattered clothes stood and looked at them. “Who is that?” asked the friend.
“I don’t know,” said the host, “but every time we sail by, he stands there and looks, I think he is marooned on the island.”
“Why don’t you pick him up?” asked his friend.
“He should ask for help!” said the rich man, “Shouldn’t he?”
‘Dare to Ask,’ is a chapter in my book DARE, in which I wonder what would happen to our world, if people did not ask? No sales, no business, no marriages maybe!
Do you know that the word “mayday”, which is used by pilots and ship captains in an emergency, comes from the French word “m’aidez,” which means “help me!”
Ask for help and you will get it. Don’t ask and stay marooned on an island as people wonder why you don’t ask! Help is not usually too hard to get. But we have to ask before we’ll get it. Even Jesus says, “Ask and it shall be given unto you!” Did he say it, wondering why God’s creation, man, did not ask for what they wanted, instead of always relying on their own weak selves?
I wonder what His expression was as he looked at the crowd and pounded, “Ask!”
Entrepreneur Brian Tracy puts it well: “Ask for what you want. Ask for help, ask for input, ask for advice and ideas — but never be afraid to ask.” Or like one man is fond of saying, “You don’t always get what you ask for, but you never get what you don’t ask for, unless it’s the flu!”
I once heard of a little girl who confidently approached a police officer. “Are you a cop?” she asked.
“Yes.”
“My mommy said that if I ever needed help, I could ask you.”
“Of course you can,” the officer replied. “What do you need?”
She stuck out her foot. “Can you please tie my shoelace?”
Even as you laugh at this small attempt by me to lighten your mood, today, Sunday, ask, and see things being given to you..!

—————–

Would love to hear from you in the COMMENTS section below…and IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE BOB’S BANTER EVERYDAY, PLEASE SEND YOUR NAME AND WHATSAPP PHONE NO TO [email protected]
————————————————–

ENROLL…
…Get trained by the very person whose article you just read! Don’t wait! Send a thumbs up for details to 9892572883 and let Robert Clements train you in his easy and comfortable way Let the power of WORDS spoken and written effectively and forcefully, change your life! Join the Writer’s and Speaker’s Course, November Batch TODAY! Send a thumbsup to 9892572883 now!

8 thoughts on “Ask and It Shall Be Given”

  1. I’ve experienced asking and not asking in my life and have been taught a lesson. Asking without seeking and knocking gets you nowhere. All 3 go together. Ask and you will receive. Seek with all your heart and knock with surrendering to the one you ask and you will surely receive.

  2. Agree Sebastian; all 3 go together in faith:
    A – Ask and we will receive according to His will
    S – Seek and we will experience His grace
    K – Knock and the door will be opened in His time

  3. I never asked until I was asked by my dad wanted. I never felt any need for my parents gave me all I’d require without my request for something.I knew if I’d ask I may not get it since it was beyond their budget to live as the Jones did🙂

  4. I did.. Ask .. On Sunday in Church. How wonderful to believe the words of Jesus, “Ask n it shall be given to you, Seek and you shall find. Knock and it will be opened unto you. ” God is so good. He gives us hope

  5. I personally feel that asking a fellow human being for help is a mistake, Bob. I have seen how beggars are abused if they ask for alms. I have seen little boys being slapped because they DARED to ask for alms. I have seen women being subjected to filthy comments because they DARED to ask for alms. Don’t give them alms, but don’t abuse them. Take the case of the snooty millionaire who passed the marooned person several times. What prevented him from offering him a trip to safety instead of passing him every time. Why didn’t he DARE to help the helpless man without him asking?. This reminds me of the parable of the rich man and the beggar Lazarus. The rich man kept passing the beggar lying at his gates without a second glance. The Bible tells us that his body was covered with sores and the dogs used to lick his sores. Perhaps Lazarus was too weak to even sit up and beg. When both of them passed on to the next world, their positions were reversed. It was the rich man turn to suffer. The lesson is clear. The rich man never DARED to help the poor beggar. Can the rich man tell God that since the beggar Lazarus never asked for help, he did not extend a helping hand? Reeks of hypocrisy. There is a vertical and a horizontal connection. Relationship with God and with our fellow human beings. God has made it very clear. “I have given you generously, you give others generously. I have blessed you abundantly, you bless others abundantly”. God has made it clear, “It is more blessed to give than to receive”. From my personal experience, I can say that is absolutely true.

    1. Yes Sam, and for every slap received there have been successes too. We are so scared of the slap, we are afraid to ask. In the course I teach on public speaking and writing I tell my students to, ‘dare make an ass of themselves’. In fact it’s in my book too. Move beyond the fear of the slap. Yes DARE!

Leave a Reply