Cyrus, A Martyr..!

There’s enough that’s been written about the car crash that took the life of billionaire Cyrus Mistry, and I’m not going to wade into those already muddied waters. However, something that struck me as I read our transport minister’s statement after the accident, was the sudden focus on using seat…

Whose Health?

The road runs wide through the extended city of Greater Mumbai, till, just before it enters the same city, it narrows into a street, meanders and twists reluctantly past posh homes, leaning balconies, where liveried residents, inside air-conditioned flats grimace disdainfully as they peer at traffic jams below, causing exhaust…

Dirt On Your Finger..!

An item in the newspaper had me sadly amused. A lady doctor who runs a pain clinic, told the press how she saw a destitute woman bleeding profusely on the pavement outside her gym. “She was bleeding profusely, it was all over the pavement and flowing onto the road. I…

Singing A State Anthem..!

With ‘son’s of the soil’ not meaning you are an Indian, but giving you certain privileges only if you belong to that particular state, I realized most states are thinking they are nations by themselves. I imagined, the cultural chief of a state department smiling to glory and whistling a…

It’s Two Men, No, One..!

Quite often some public figure like Trump or many in our own country caught in the public glare while having a rollicking time with someone other than their wife, exclaim, “Leave my private life alone!” What they mean is that they’ve got two lives, one for the public eye and…