A Silly, Ungrateful People..!

“You are an ungrateful people!” I shout, as bruised, battered and beaten, a tired people stare back at me: “We can’t take being pushed, pulled and pummeled every moment of the day!” cry the people, “Either it’s a lynching mob stringing up someone, or government agencies putting people in jail!…

A New Parliament Building

‘.. the new building….will cost Rs 970 crore. It would replace the existing colonial structure..’.. Times of India My friend, a building contractor rushed to my home yelling, “I am going to be a rich man, I may be awarded the contract to build a bigger Parliament House!” “Why?” I…

An Indian Heaven..!

Even as our rupee plunges against the dollar and fuel prices rise, gather yourself and don’t go down. Every country at some point or other goes through such chaos, and comes out when her people gird themselves and stand firm. Yet, even as you do that, remember the poor. They…

Reservations For All..!

With so many advantages for those who claim reservations in our country, many forward class citizens are trying to certify themselves as backward and the day is coming when the whole nation may be known as a reserved country! The philosopher cum astrologer cum godman rubbed his hands with glee…

Go For It..!

I watched the family as they stood near the roller coaster ride. Each one bore different look. The teenage son looked at the cars coasting around with glee; he was just waiting, I could make out for his share of fun; the mother looked a little worried and the father…

Do We Need Reforms?

“Bob,” said an editor, “About these reforms our leaders keep talking about, find out if people want reforms or not.” “Of course we want reforms,” said Pandu the office peon, “I want editor sahib to be reformed. Today I have both ulcer and blood pressure, because editor sahib and you…