The God Particle..!

Many years ago, I sat in an apartment in New York listening to an interesting argument between an elderly man and a doctor, who had been a childhood friend of mine. They were talking about religion and the topic veered around the existence of God. Both gave seemingly convincing arguments…

The Modi Jacket..!

There’s only one person who looks good in the Modi jacket, and that’s the Prime Minister himself! Today, every tailor, throughout the country is rolling out thousands of yards of cloth stitching these new sleeveless fashion statements for men of all shapes and sizes, who look strikingly ridiculous as they…

Yuk! It’s A Worm..!

This morning I laughed as I read a comic strip where two ugly sea creatures at the bottom of the sea, awful squiggly, wriggly tentacles spread all over sea bed, bodies ugly, revolting, beady eyes peering from a mass of quivering flesh, look at each other, point to the seabed…

A Small Cycle..!

Yesterday was Children’s Day and I saw a small cycle and a little boy! Both doing a man’s job. He was the milkman’s little son, hardly seven or eight, and with his tiny painted cycle, laden with milk sachets he trudged from house to house, pushing his wee yellow and…

Which Monk Are You?

Some nights ago I received a call from an old childhood friend of mine. “How’s your family?” I asked him after some time. “They’re fine Bob,” he said, “My wife still teaches and my two sons are working!” “And your dad and mom?” There was silence and I repeated the…

Bottled Love..!

Cheap bottle, filled with cheap liquor, sat on a table in a cheap looking bar, looking craftily at a bedraggled man hunched in front. “Cheers!” said the cheap bottle of yellow fire. “Hic,” said the man. “Burp, hic, burp, slurp!” “Enjoying me huh?” asked the bottle sensuously. “You swine!” said…