Out of the Cardboard Box..!

I stopped and stared in shock. Those around me also stared, but they were not looking at what I saw, they were looking at me. “What’s wrong?” asked a friend. “How could this happen here?” I asked. We were in Manhattan, the financial capital of the US. It was near…

Changing With Change..!

The only thing constant in our lives is change! The winds of change blow through our life, sometimes gently, sometimes like a monsoon storm. We hate being disturbed from our resting places – and having to move to another level of living. But change is inevitable, and desirable. Sometimes, when…

A Different Rape..!

The observation by an Indian Chief Minister a few years ago, degrading a former Miss World while commenting about her lack of beauty is disgusting and disturbing. According to this very knowledgeable man, ‘she did not have the beauty’ but still won the title! I wonder what that same man…

Punishment for Whiners..!

How often I see many whispering about someone who has made a fortune, or done well or uses his talents of preaching, writing or speaking, with envy. “Oh,” we say, “He bribes people that’s why he’s rich!” “He’s a cheat!” “He’s a show off in front of the mike! But…

New Olympian Democracy Game..!

Members of the Olympics Committee sitting in Tokyo, looked tiredly at each other, “Handling all the complaints makes me wonder whether it’s worth the trouble of actually having these games!” said the Chairman, as his secretary whispered in his ear, that an Indian delegation wanted to meet him. “What’s it…

Flights Only for Bearded Passengers..!

It’s a suspicious world we live in now. If we dress different, look different, people are wary, so much so a political leader remarked, “I know who’s behind our political turmoil because I can recognize them from their clothes!” So different clothes invites suspicion and as I’ve found out beards…

Green Grass Below Your Feet..!

‘Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have’ Gautama Buddha With a disgruntled look on his face, Kumar got into his car as his driver opened the door. He remembered when the car interiors had a new car smell. “Sir ‘new car fragrance’ is…