Right Connections..!

In our great country not many awards are won through merit or hard work, most are won through right connections! The stationmaster of the local suburban station came and stood by me, leaving his office in the capable hands of his assistant, “ There’s an award for the best kept…

Jes’ Keep Playin’..!

Players win, players lose, players prepare, players practise, players get hurt but players get up. No matter what the outcome is, players keep playin’!. After years of hard work, Thomas Carlyl finished the manuscript of his book and gave it to a friend to read. The friend’s housekeeper mistook the…

If Jesus Had a Cellphone..!

And in my mind’s eye, I picture scores of angels, running to Jesus with cellphones in their hands, “Lord!” says an old angel, impatience clearly in his voice, “Shall I tell her you’re busy, talking to a million and more?” “Who’s it?” asks the Lord, even as He continues conversing…

Amazing Spectacles..!

If I’ve started writing late today, it’s because I spent the last hour or two, searching for my writing glasses. Now there’s something about searching for them; you need another pair to search for this pair, and somehow or other, the spare pair which I keep handy for such occasions,…

Green Grass on the Other Side..!

They were quiet as they came back from their neighbour’s house with their little one fast asleep on his father’s shoulder; they’d gone over for dinner, and the husband had noticed his wife growing quiet as the evening progressed, “What’s the problem?” he asked her as they let themselves into…

Is It Well With Your Soul?

One of my saddest moments at any concert was hearing a quartet of four men, singing, “It is well with my soul” It wasn’t the song that made me sad, nor the way rendered, it was the fact that one among them had lost his young daughter and was still…