National Mood Swings..!

The erratic swinging of the stock market makes headlines every day. They reflect the mood of the nation. Upswing-happy! Downswing-gloomy! Why the upswing today? Because a Covid vaccine manufacturer had managed to get past the rigid health regulatory controls, and also that foreign investors had decided to invest in India….

Live Living Rooms..!

There was once a time not too long ago when the living room of a home reflected the kind of people living it; not how much money they possessed but how much warmth existed within. You could sink into an inviting easy chair and be sure moments later your host…

Sweet Revenge…!

The wizened old lady, sat with a copy of the newspaper in her wrinkled hands and studied the obituary columns intently. “He, he, he,” she suddenly giggled to herself, “she’s dead, she’s dead. Oh, thank you, Lord, you’ve done it again!” “Who is it mom?” shouted a voice from inside…

Old Grouch..!

Old Grouch came for the get together the other day. I had not seen Old Grouch in years and was surprised when I walked into the club and found him sitting there. I was not too happy to see Old Grouch, nor was he glad to see me. Old Grouch…

Burying the Past..!

The worried looking man entered the doctor’s clinic and allowed himself to be thoroughly examined. “You’re okay,” smiled the doc, “but something seems to be on your mind?” “Well, to tell you the truth doc,” said the worried man, “I seem to be getting forgetful! No it’s actually worse than…

Chief Guest Boris…!

Many world leaders and people across the globe are wondering why dear Boris from Merry England’s been chosen India’s Republic Day chief guest. A tabloid in London interviewed him, and found he was blown over by the invitation, “It’s not every day one gets an invitation to visit our colonies!”…

A Poke In Time..!

Being married to a doctor, I hardly know if I’m going to be greeted next morning with a hug or a syringe! Today it was the syringe for me. “I’m okay!” I shout in protest. “What is the need to draw blood so early in the morning? Sadist wife!” “Listen…

The 100 Crore Effective Vaccine..!

With a vaccine manufacturer threatening to sue a volunteer for blaming his illness on the vaccine, I decided to journey into the future and accompany the foreign representative of a fictitious vaccine manufacturer in 2021, as he did a survey after the vaccine had been given to everybody, “Let us…