Columns

Spinning wheel
Being UnIndian..!
With patriotism being questioned, sedition being defined and a strange nationalism being the criteria for motherland loyalty, we may have a confused
Read more.
sINGING IN THE kITCHEN
Singing In the Kitchen..!
It’s an old house in the outskirts of Bangalore. I marvel at the fact they have not pulled it down.
Read more.
Pick up the baton
Pick Up the Baton and Run..!
Quite often I meet people who tell me about what they would have become if they had made some right
Read more.
Train Travel
Why Did I Take the Train?
“Why did you take the train?” asked my friend, as he met me on the platform and stared curiously at
Read more.
open grave
The Open Grave..!
’Twas an open grave I passed on my way out of the cemetery: Quite often gravediggers dig graves beforehand and
Read more.
angry father
How Dare You..!
A young girl, known to me, wrote to a priest saying very politely that though she respected him, she was
Read more.
Suicide and an anchor
Suicide and an Anchor..!
As I read about the suicide of Café Coffee Day’s Siddhartha I realized that slowly but surely, suicides in the
Read more.
Alligator in a Gutter
Alligator in a Gutter..!
You and I have seen videos of snakes being pulled out of flats and bungalows, but I was pretty astounded
Read more.
Strength of a Woman
Strength of a Woman..!
It’s a strange, sad sight I am seeing as my car overtakes an auto rickshaw: A young couple holding a
Read more.
Your Blade of Grass..!
The skies were dark and a heavy cloud hung over us as we drove on roads that echoed the darkness
Read more.
Love Without Measure..!
The other day I watched a wife look after her disabled husband. He was a surly, grumpy sort who did
Read more.
Government guilt trip..!
Government Guilt Trip..!
Was looking at a senior citizen railway ticket the other day, and below the tiny, computer lettering, which only the
Read more.