Columns

Puncture..!
The old man at the puncture shop, looked at me with quiet patience as I stood at his shop. “Quick!”
Read more.
Abhinandan
Naughty Abhinandan..!
It made delightful news to hear Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman had been awarded the Vir Chakra! We all remember the
Read more.
Flag
Unfurling A Balanced Flag..!
I stood at attention as the strains of Jana Gana Mana ended, and the National Flag was unfurled. I watched
Read more.
Be a Master Communicator..!
Today you and I communicate more than ever before, and through the mobile, social media, TV, radio and other ways
Read more.
Old Man
Never Grow Old..!
While shopping the other day, I noticed I was paying more attention to the pavement I was walking on then
Read more.
Nun Sacked
Nun Sacked for Owning a Car..!
“What wrong have I committed bishop?” “You own a car!” And that is the wrong a religious body feels an
Read more.
Moving House
Kashmir and Sons of the Soil..!
Even as I hear jubilation from all corners of India, and men and women clothed in saffron and otherwise, expressing
Read more.
Rolex
Let Your Rolex Go Missing..!
’Twas just the other day I read about a contest which offered a luxury sedan as a prize, and I
Read more.
Kashmir peace
Kashmir: A Healing..!
Without going into the merits or demerits of the events in Kashmir, I feel that India has the biggest opportunity
Read more.
Sushma Swaraj
RIP Sushma Swaraj..!
It’s been just over three years ago, I heard that my closest friend, a novelist, dramatist, and also a newspaper
Read more.
Spinning wheel
Being UnIndian..!
With patriotism being questioned, sedition being defined and a strange nationalism being the criteria for motherland loyalty, we may have a confused
Read more.
sINGING IN THE kITCHEN
Singing In the Kitchen..!
It’s an old house in the outskirts of Bangalore. I marvel at the fact they have not pulled it down.
Read more.