Missed Call..!

Trust us for coining words that have no parallel. “Give me a missed call!” I told my American friend as I left him at his hotel. “A what?” “A missed call!” I explained. “What’s a missed call,” he asked still looking perplexed, “Either I call you or I don’t call…

City Gals..!

“You can’t park inside the compound!” Priya stopped backing her car into the vacant space, next to her building and looked at the angry old man who was standing behind, blocking her way, “Who are you?” she asked. “I am the secretary of this society and you are not a…

The Inside Job..!

Ah! The awesome, exalting sound of a pipe organ as it fills a hall! What a magnificent, glorious sound! And what a majestic looking instrument; its flute like pipes rising high into the roof and seemingly disappearing into the heavens! Years ago as a youngster I joined a choir. The…

Unavailable Policeman..!

I love watching Hollywood movies, especially the police action scenes when a desperate hero or his wife picks up the phone and calls the police, “Officer there’s a homicide!” And before you can say Jack Robinson or whatever the American equivalent is, squad cars with sirens screaming and lights flashing…

Take Your Shirt Off..!

Something terribly disgusting in our country is the glamour our political leaders portray through their ostentatious cars, their homes, their rings on their fingers, so on and so forth. The money they lavish on themselves so blatantly could easily feed a hundred families for a year or even more. And…

Don’t Skip Your Meals..!

Very often I hear men and women saying very proudly how they skip meals. “I don’t have breakfast!” says a fast paced executive. “Me neither!” says his secretary. “Why do you do this?” I ask surprised. “No time Bob, no time,” they say, and it’s for them and many others…

Filled with Pothole Guilt..!

The road contractor got down from his Mercedes and wiped a few tears rolling down his cheeks, “We contractors are a misunderstood lot,” he said as he stood on the edge of one of the largest potholes in the city. “Misunderstood?” I yelled, “Do you know the number of people…