Ask and It Shall Be Given

After fifty years an old man met another old woman whom he’d known in his youth. He remembered her as a winsome beauty and someone all the boys were after. “I wanted so desperately to marry you!” he said. “Why didn’t you?” she asked. “I was scared you’d refuse!” said…

Holding Hands Too Late..!

Was rather perplexed to hear that more old couples were filing for divorce than ever before, “But why would people in their old age move to end decades of togetherness?” I wondered and walked to the park for my daily rounds. I think my old friend Kumar had also read…

A Heart On Fire..!

Much before the pandemic I looked at a motley lot of people who had come to me to learn the art of public speaking from me. As I began the talk my heart sank; they looked anything but people who would one day get up and wax eloquent. There was…

Don’t Blame the Violin..!

“You know Bob,” says a complaining voice, “If only I’d been born healthy like you, I would have achieved much! But I’ve been through so many sicknesses and illnesses and financial worries that now I’m a wreck!” Here’s a true incident for those who feel likewise: J.F. Rowlands of South…

Likee Speechee..!

“Shout ‘HOW!” “How!” I shouted. “It means good!” “How” means ‘good’ in Chinese?” I asked with a smile. The young man smiled and nodded and we both went back to watching the program. He was Song Yumin, the Deputy Consul General of China and what we were watching was a…

Run It By Jesus..!

We are so lucky aren’t we that most of the words Jesus spoke here on earth have been recorded by his disciples and written for everyone of us to read? Listen to Him speaking calmly and tenderly to the woman at the well, harshly and angrily to those who used…