Walk Home and Think..!

As I see people talking about ‘targeting a youngster’ and ‘vindictive government’ I wonder who takes the blame when a boy or girl, maybe a young man or woman, does something wrong? Something, that saddens me often are parents not taking the blame for the deeds of their children. My…

Shake Hands or Give Paw..!

“Shake hands!” people tell my dog while bending over to pet it, “Shake hands!” they shout as my huge fellow looks blankly at them. “Doesn’t your dog know to shake hands?” they ask looking disgustedly at me. “No!” I tell them. “But all dogs shake hands!” “Why should he, when…

Chimney Sweeps…!

Ever so often in my childhood, the book I carried out of the library was one called ‘Waterbabies’ My heart went out to some of the little children of London whose job it was to clean chimneys. With long broom and ragged clothes and matted hair that also looked like…