The Watch Thrown on the Floor..!

The watch on the floor looked broken. I had seen it being flung to the ground. It had taken but a moment, for the little child to take the watch from me and in one remorseless fling had thrown it into the air and I had watched it crash to the ground.
The mother of the child was apologetic, “I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry!” she said.
“It’s okay!” I said, and knew that some message was about to come from that watch that had been so brutally flung in the air, and just as I picked it up, the thought came to me. The child had looked around for something to play with, and thinking that the ticking of the watch would keep it occupied, thinking that the gold colour would fascinate it, I had offered the child the watch, and then had watched shocked as the little one had flung it to the ground, and then in the next moment had picked up an empty tin can with one peppermint in it and was now fascinated with the rattling noise!
“What’s the thought God?” I ask.
“The gold watches I give you Bob: Of life, good health, of a happy family, of knowing without an iota of doubt that I stand behind you and what do you do?”
“I throw it all away when I want an empty tin with a cheap peppermint in it” I say, as I think of the numerous peppermints I’d asked God for; a bigger car, a fancier house, a bigger bank balance!
I watch as God picks up golden watches I’d thrown down to the ground; a medical report that was pretty good, legs that could still carry me around without a walking stick to help, eyes that needed glasses only to read and many more things that He continues giving me, and most important: The knowledge that my eternity is going to be with Him because of His death on the cross!
With tears in my eyes I pick up the watch from the floor and realize it’s not broken. I carefully put it on my wrist and tell myself it will be a reminder of all the golden offerings my Lord has made for me. I look at the child playing with the tin which has a peppermint inside and smile, just as the little fellow stretches out his hand and makes me strap the watch to his tiny wrist.
“Ah little fellow!” I say, “Do you know what you just did? You, like me just realized the value of what we normally fling away, forgetting to give a word of thanks to the One above..!”

—————–

Would love to hear from you in the COMMENTS section below…and IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE BOB’S BANTER EVERYDAY, PLEASE SEND YOUR NAME AND WHATSAPP PHONE NO TO [email protected]
————————————————–

ENROLL…
…Get trained by the very person whose article you just read! Don’t wait! Send a thumbs up for details to 9892572883 and let Robert Clements train you in his easy and comfortable way Let the power of WORDS spoken and written effectively and forcefully, change your life! Join the Writer’s and Speaker’s Course, September Batch TODAY! Send a thumbsup to 9892572883 now!

6 thoughts on “The Watch Thrown on the Floor..!”

  1. Everything that happens in life has a lesson to teach us
    Yes we must recognize and cherish the gifts we have been blessed with, and use them to bless others
    An apt reminder on Teachers’ Day Bob Thank you!

  2. Sometimes we are so enamoured by the luxuries of life that we fail to value and appreciate the really important, but unasked for gifts bestowed upon us by God.
    We perceive
    these only after we have lost them, or almost lost them.
    God sometimes uses shock treatment to wake us up to this reality .

  3. Excellent story to help us realize how we take for granted God’s gifts to us, Bobby. Thank you! The Gift that’s priceless is His Son, our Saviour, our Guru and Eternal Master,who poured Himself out for us.ThusHe practiced all He preached.

  4. Excellent story to help us realize how we take for granted God’s gifts to us, Bobby. Thank you! The Gift that’s priceless is His Son, our Saviour, our Guru and Eternal Master,who poured Himself out for us.ThusHe practiced all He preached.

  5. Thank you for reminding us to be grateful for what we have Bob. We many a time fall in love with the gifts and forget the giver and His eternal love for us. We ought to remain focused and in love with the Giver of life and be grateful for
    every thing we have received, from Him.

Leave a Reply