The Heavenly Gates..!

The businessman with the briefcase came running up to the Heavenly Gates and pushed the pious old lady. “I came first,” he shouted. “My friends are all holy people,” said the old lady. “I have never seen you before.” “I” said the man proudly. “donated money for the new roof…

Are You Indian?

Poor Kanimozhi! Imagine an MP, a former Union Minister, daughter of one of Tamilnadu’s most famous chief minister’s, and in one’s own airport in Chennai, asked by the security, when she spoke in English and not in Hindi, “Are you Indian?” Now, I am not an MP or VIP and…

Pardon..!

A few years ago I had tears as I read the small news item tucked between killings and murders; it said an Indian man sentenced to death by UAE’s Supreme Court for murdering a girl had been pardoned by the victim’s parents! As a father of two daughters I can…

Suicide or Murder, I Am Lost Sir..!

And as I looked at the scenario surrounding the death of the late actor Sushant Singh Rajput, and police forces of two states pitted against each other, I wondered where this was going to lead? “Sir,” said a constable, “We have a pickpocketing near the railway station, “shall I start…

Are You an Idiot?

“Mother!” cried the little girl, “I don’t want to go to college anymore! The lecturer called me an idiot!” The mother left her cooking and walked over to where her daughter sat, “And are you one?” “I don’t know!” whispered the girl and the mother watched sadly as a tear…

Talking Himself To Death..!

Do you speak on the phone and drive? Like this young man driving the latest fancy car who had an arm on the steering wheel and the other hugging his cell phone in an intimate embrace. “Did I wake you up?” he asked, speaking seductively into the mouthpiece. “No,” replied…

A Biting Tongue..!

‘When someone blushes with embarrassment, when someone carries away an ache, when something sacred is made to appear common, when someone’s weakness provides laughter, when profanity is required to make it funny, when a child is brought to tears or when everyone can’t join in the laughter, its a poor…