Columns

Police were Mute Spectators..!
A line appearing almost daily in newspapers, after murders in broad daylight, religious places vandalized, or assaults committed is that
Read more.
Grant them that Peace..!
Was invited by a Jewish family living in Manhattan to share their Shabbat on a Saturday when I once visited
Read more.
Good Looks.!
‘……May the outer and inward man be one..’ Socrates Years ago as a teenager, I remember seeing Gregory Peck in
Read more.
Just One Choir Voice..!
There was once a priest who had his choir in the church which he looked after, and the choir was
Read more.
Paternity Leave Bill..!
My young neighbour Kumar whose wife was expecting a baby, rode in the lift with me to the car park
Read more.
Leavin’ Footprints in Yer Home..!
Been watchin’ an old video of the Chinese Olympic opening night held over a decade ago, and been gazing spellbound
Read more.
Inflation and a Hundred Rupee Note..!
I opened the morning paper and frowned as I read headlines about inflation in India, “This is ridiculous!” I muttered
Read more.
The Fake from Charleston..!
It was at the historic city of Charleston I found the flute. I’d wandered into one of the oldest markets
Read more.
As Is Where Is Condition..!
In many an auction you hear the auctioneer offering some particular piece in an ‘as is where is condition’! Which
Read more.
Passion, It’s Free..!
If today’s column has come in a little late, t’was because I was in the plane flying home from New
Read more.
Pardoning is a Bigger Revenge..!
Some years ago I read how an Indian sentenced to death by UAE’s Supreme Court for murdering a girl had
Read more.
An Excitingly Still New Year..!
And as the New Year dawned this morning, there was I am sure a missing feeling for the partying and
Read more.