Columns

Easter and Democracy..!
What has Easter to do with democracy, you ask, a furrow on your brow, and a look of slight annoyance.
Read more.
What’s Good Friday, Ma?
“Ma,” asked the little girl, scampering after her mother, “What’s Good Friday?” “It’s the day Jesus died on the cross!”
Read more.
Your Right of Way..!
Something I’ve noticed abroad, and hardly ever here, are people moving aside to give another the right of way. It
Read more.
Teaching Others to be Secular..!
A rather ugly episode happened that made me think deep into the subject of respecting other religions. A secular choir
Read more.
The Secretary’s Business Visit..!
“Mr. Singh, our housing society secretary is coming to visit us now,” said the wife, putting down the phone. “Why?”
Read more.
The Shark’s Mouth..!
As I hear with sadness about more and more of our youth getting addicted to drugs and alcohol, I remember
Read more.
Weary of Fighting?
It was at a crematorium, as the body was being prepared to be lit, that a friend leaned across to
Read more.
Sweet Voices from the Lie School..!
With the internet reigning supreme and the media slowly moving into petrified silence, leaders the world over, find that telling
Read more.
Your Four Wives..!
As I hear about a guru, who mesmerized the youth with his clever words, and now lies in hospital, and
Read more.
Handling Harsh Criticism…!
She stood shaking hands with the mourners who had come for her husband’s funeral at the Parsi Tower of Silence.
Read more.
Double Your Positive Energy..!
Aunty Toto was not her real name, though strangely we all called her that! She had every kind of problem
Read more.
Convert Your Work Into Service..!
Here’s a story: One evening a man was addressing a workshop on the concept of work culture. One of the
Read more.