How Do You Cook?

“Aren’t you hungry?” is the question most wives ask, when they are about to serve dinner or lunch, and “What’s for dinner?” is the reply given by most husbands. ‘What’s for dinner,’ means that if the food is interesting enough then I am hungry enough to eat, and ‘are you…

‘Plastic Bottle’ Fun..!

With Jeff my German-Shepherd having passed away two months ago, it’s my daughter’s dog who comes up with my daughter and son-in-law nearly every night for dinner and keeps us company. Not yet completely out of puppyhood, he’s given some toy or other with which like a little child he…

Laying Yourself Open..!

They say that in true love you lay yourself open. Truly that is a fact. I had got onto a helicopter at Manhattan, which would fly high above the skyscrapers and show us a different view of the New York skyline, from high up in the air. From above not…

Little People..!

I opened the papers to glamorous pictures of a famous couple and headlines about their wedding at Jodhpur and their stay at the Taj Mahal Hotel in Bombay. But what made me sit up was an item in a tabloid about their chauffeur, who ferried the pair from the airport…

New Taxes and Tax Savings..!

With the state of the economy plummeting, and money needed to handle the running of the country, rumour has it that everything under the sun would be taxed, but I didn’t know how serious it was till I went for my daily jog this morning: There was a stranger standing…

Lift Him off Your Neck..!

It was an appreciative audience the old man had, as he stood in the middle of the park, ranting and raving against a particular community. “How well he speaks!” said a spectator standing nearby. “How would you have reacted if he spoke for, and not against that community?” I asked…

The WC..!

A couple of my serious minded friends have been saying, “Bob you’ve been writing too much banter lately, what about a serious article?” “Like what?” I ask “Something churchy?” “Okay friends I’ll oblige, here’s something churchy for you!” In the old days when you couldn’t count on a public toilet…

Trust and Our Politicians..!

Politics in our country has reached such a low, that people just won’t trust politicians. I got a frantic message from a poor friend in Orissa saying that all around him people were dying for lack of oxygen, ventilators and medicine. I got in touch with another very close friend…

What Gives You Wings?

I heard a funny story: A small plane with an instructor and student on board hit the runway and bounced repeatedly until it came to a stop. The instructor turned to the student and said, “That was a terrible landing you just made.” “Me?” replied the student. “I thought you…