Columns

Do We Need Reforms?
“Bob,” said an editor, “About these reforms our leaders keep talking about, find out if people want reforms or not.”
Read more.
The ‘Mellow’ People..!
So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth… New
Read more.
The Emperor’s New Clothes..!
Once upon a time, so the old tale goes, there lived an emperor who wanted to stitch himself the fanciest
Read more.
Cyrus, A Martyr..!
There’s enough that’s been written about the car crash that took the life of billionaire Cyrus Mistry, and I’m not
Read more.
Whose Health?
The road runs wide through the extended city of Greater Mumbai, till, just before it enters the same city, it
Read more.
Dirt On Your Finger..!
An item in the newspaper had me sadly amused. A lady doctor who runs a pain clinic, told the press
Read more.
Singing A State Anthem..!
With ‘son’s of the soil’ not meaning you are an Indian, but giving you certain privileges only if you belong
Read more.
Best Measuring Instruments In the World..!
Have always been puzzled how the government knows when a loudspeaker is too loud or a plastic bag too thick,
Read more.
Using The Bathtub Again..!
Over three decades ago I installed a bathtub at home, and with bubble bath suds sent from the US by
Read more.
It’s Two Men, No, One..!
Quite often some public figure like Trump or many in our own country caught in the public glare while having
Read more.
Battle of the Extra Pappadam..!
It was not joyful drumbeats and rhythmic cymbals at the wedding in Alappuzha district in Kerala, no, t’was the sound
Read more.
Take Your Eyes Off the Old..!
Leaving your comfort zone is very difficult and sometimes painful. In my book, DARE, I have a chapter, “Dare to
Read more.