Using the Whip..!

“Look at your church!” non-Christian friends cry out, “Is there anything inside different from what is happening outside? Your priests grab land, grab women, grab power, and you try to tell us you have something better than we have?”
I look at the newspaper they hold out to me, “Bishop rapes Nun!” it screams, and others which I have seen time and again, of property being sold by men of the cloth and money being siphoned off, is it a wonder that today there are more scoffers of our faith than a time when we were respected and revered?
“Forgive your brother seventy times seven,” thunders a priest from the pulpit even as his brother sitting in the congregation knows the very same priest has not visited him once the past year for some perceived slight, even he doesn’t know about!
And as these men of the cloth become standard bearers of hypocrisy, their followers think it not amiss to do the same.
Jesus was a Jew! Oh yes it may come as a surprise to many who think He was a Christian. And to the Jew the synagogue was a holy place, but what did the Son of God do when he saw what the Jewish church was being used for? He took a whip and lashed those who were using his Father’s house for activities that made the place unholy.
Today, these same men of the cloth, have made the church an unholy place, and it is time we as a people stand up to cleanse the premises of such: Bishops and their relatives who don’t give up official premises. Priests who have a roving eye or a liking for youngsters of the same gender. Chairmen of religious trusts who flout rules knowing board members will not dare question their authority.
Bring out the whip!
It’s time they were publicly told their time is up.
Don’t be fooled as they exclaim, “Don’t go public! Can’t you see the outside world is watching?”
And that my dear readers can’t be helped, because that is what they hide behind, “What will others think of us?”
But did Jesus think thus when he spoke brazenly about the hypocrisy of the Pharisees and Sadducees?
No! And as His followers we have to do spring cleaning, when cleansing is necessary, because it is not just those of other faiths who find nothing different in us from themselves, but our own people, our youth, who disillusioned turn away in disgust.
Even as you bring down edifices built on hypocrisy and wrong doing, remember that only a foundation built on Truth can be called Christ’s church! Forget about changing the country and it’s rulers, first look after your own home and backyard, and start using Christ’s whip fearlessly!
And what is our whip?
Why, the Bible of course.
And if you’re from other faiths and see leaders flouting hatred using religion? Brandish your religious texts, and use them as whips..!
—————–

Would love to hear from you in the COMMENTS section below…and IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE BOB’S BANTER EVERYDAY, PLEASE SEND YOUR NAME AND WHATSAPP PHONE NO TO [email protected]

ENROLL…
…Get trained by the very person whose article you just read! Don’t wait! Send a thumbs up for details to 9892572883 and let Robert Clements train you in his easy and comfortable way Let the power of WORDS spoken and written effectively and forcefully, change your life! Join the Writer’s and Speaker’s Course, January Batch TODAY! Send a thumbsup to 9892572883 now!

3 thoughts on “Using the Whip..!”

  1. Agree Bob No point in pointing fingers at others when our own backyard is littered with crap Time to pull out the whip and fearlessly stand up the ultimate undiluted Truth that is Jesus.

  2. Bob, relevant topic as always, beginning from me high time to reflect oneself (through scripture) than denouncing blindly, pointing fingers to others. Keep writing, God bless you.

  3. This is why your brother, my brother in law, didn’t join the Methodist Church pioneered an independent church and has planted churches. Here we attend an independent church too The bishops will increase the age of retirement. We went to court against our crooked bishop. Earlier we got one to be forcefully retired by the MCI.The MCI is hand in glove with him now, for sure.A member of our Methodist Church had pioneered the All People’s Church where we go now.

Leave a Reply