Papa Don’t Preach..!

India watches shocked, as a powerful tyrant uses muscle, might, and maximum force to pulverize and bully a smaller country. Even as we are appalled, outraged and horrified, even as we look across the ocean at the UN and expect that supposedly mighty institution representing the world to put an…

Rewriting History..!

Each successive government rewrites history, the way an author revises his books. “Look at this,” says a minister in my imagination, thumbing through a book of history, “it says the English built the railways in India!” “Nonsense!” says another minister, “Change that to 2014!” And so history is rewritten! Which…

Don’t Let Them Free..!

“It can’t be done!” “It can! And it will be done!” I insisted looking at the contractor, while sadly staring at the terrace he’d messed up with shoddy workmanship, “And till it’s done, we hold your payment!” I listened, as his shrill voice reached a crescendo, and threats rang out….