Columns

No Trumpets on the Other Side..!
There were trumpets and fanfare as his coffin was carried! A few months ago, I heard about a funeral in
Read more.
Teach Them To Love..!
Like the man on the moon, there is an old man in Mars, and rumour has it that he knows
Read more.
Mr Pointed Ears..!
Two years ago, a new dog, with long pointed ears, entered the colony I live in. Nobody wanted the new
Read more.
The Defective Weighing Machine..!
Haven’t been to a station in a while, and I’m not sure they have weighing machines on railway platforms like
Read more.
No Debates in India..!
As I watch the Bengal elections, I imagine a foreigner friend asking me, “How can a candidate win an election
Read more.
Sailing a Ship..!
What if Earth is a ship on which we are sailing? What if each country has a certain portion of
Read more.
Strange Look in Her Eyes..!
She was still staring at her husband; eyes full of love, and yes, some other expression, as though she was
Read more.
Partly Free..!
‘Rebellion!” is the name of the Netflix serial I am watching. Based on incidents just after the First World War
Read more.
Once..!
Mala giggled to herself as she picked up the phone and dialed Sandra’s number. “So,” she giggled, “what happened? You
Read more.
Missy’s perfect Mister..!
Missy was ready for marriage, and suddenly each man she met became a potential husband. And then one day she
Read more.
Handling Insults..!
It’s just over a month, that racist insults were hurled at the Indian cricket team by spectators at the Sydney
Read more.
Ugly Grills..!
The owner of an elegant house stood outside his home, and spoke to the painter, “I want those grills of
Read more.