Columns

My Tomato Ketchup and Dishum-Dishum..!
Last evening as I looked up from my writing, I smiled at the vegetable puff my wife brought me along
Read more.
The Empty Bench..!
All the benches except one, had people sitting on them, and I wondered why. And then I saw a pretty
Read more.
Fooled by the Skin..!
“Excellent fruit sir! Sweet and tasty! Just look at the skin!” I looked at the fruit and there was no
Read more.
Lengthen Your Stride..!
Have you ever watched a child who doesn’t want to go someplace? His steps become smaller, he drags his feet,
Read more.
In Safe Custody..!
“Hey! Hey what are you doing?” “Taking you into custody sir!” “But do you know who I was?” “Yes sir,
Read more.
Do You Know Who I Am?
“Do you know who I am?” he asked puffing up his chest. “No! Don’t you?” “I am the one who
Read more.
Stepping Out In Faith..!
My favourite scene and one I call to mind whenever my faith is low, is of the fleeing Israelites crossing
Read more.
Keep Your Eyes on Your Goal..!
A few years ago I heard a long talk by a speaker about how hard work pays. “Do you have
Read more.
Laughter, Pain and Death..!
As you read this, I will be on my way to Pune for the funeral of my friend. A friend
Read more.
Are You Ready for Your Chapatti Lady?
Since I’m known as a guy who’s got a soft spot for animals, I get followed round a wee bit
Read more.
Child in Jail
Invest In Your Children..!
Today’s the day of the career dad and mom! Both work, both sometimes earn equal salaries, and both spend long
Read more.
Puncture..!
The old man at the puncture shop, looked at me with quiet patience as I stood at his shop. “Quick!”
Read more.