And The Land Goes To..!

Bridges can’t be finished, because they can’t get back the land from squatters, and even railways can’t expand to more tracks, because hutments have taken over railway land even as the authorities argue, whose fault it is: The senior official from the state government and the senior officer from the…

Missed Call..!

Trust us for coining words that have no parallel. “Give me a missed call!” I told my American friend as I left him at his hotel. “A what?” “A missed call!” I explained. “What’s a missed call,” he asked still looking perplexed, “Either I call you or I don’t call…

City Gals..!

“You can’t park inside the compound!” Priya stopped backing her car into the vacant space, next to her building and looked at the angry old man who was standing behind, blocking her way, “Who are you?” she asked. “I am the secretary of this society and you are not a…

The Inside Job..!

Ah! The awesome, exalting sound of a pipe organ as it fills a hall! What a magnificent, glorious sound! And what a majestic looking instrument; its flute like pipes rising high into the roof and seemingly disappearing into the heavens! Years ago as a youngster I joined a choir. The…