The Snob..!

“My grandfather!” says a Christian snob, “Was a Brahmin before he converted!” “Yes, it’s the second time, you’ve told me that!” I tell him pleasantly. “We even told our daughter this, so she can be proud of her heritage!” says his wife to me. “You should add that after your…

Give a Giraffe Kick..!

It was as the forty plus politician, the beginnings of grey stubble on his cheek, looking down and despondent, walked away from the hospital, where his mother, suffering from post covid complications lay, that he saw the old sage outside, “You look down in the dumps!” said the kindly old…

Hiding My Marksheet..!

This morning’s paper had me dumbfounded; most students who had passed their exams had scored over ninety percent. I called home immediately: “Lock my cupboard and hide the keys!” “Why?” asked the wife, “something you want to hide from me?” “Just lock it!” She didn’t. The cupboard was open and…

She’s a Whore..!

He was resting at the well. I knew he’d sent his followers away, to get a much needed respite away from his busy schedule of teaching and preaching and healing. But as his head touched the side of the brick wall, a woman appeared. I knew who she was and…

Miss World 2023..!

Many of us love watching beauty pageants: And I wondered for a moment what would happen if God was the judge, mind you, the sole evaluator, referee and critic for the Miss World contest next year! “Ladies and gentlemen,” says the compere, pointing to an empty seat, “today we have…

Coffee, Tea or Me..!

My morning cuppa’s been getting some good press lately: Last week she was featured as a preventive for diabetes and then the papers reported that a cup a day keeps memory loss at bay! Ha! And to all those people who’ve stared at me as I sip my daily addiction…