No Health Bill..!

Was thinking of the free gift of health this morning as Anne, a good friend of mine asked me about my new glasses and remembered that morning when the watchman at the gate told me a friend of mine in the next building had had an accident, “His car is…

The 51st Class Reunion..!

It was fifty years since they’d passed out from school. There were giggles and chuckles, lots of laughter as balding men gazed adoringly at grey haired women. They gasped to realize who each of them was, even as old friendships were reignited, and shy glances at first crushes were exchanged….

China Edging Closer..!

In the days of old, even just a hundred years ago, nations made secret agreements with each other. These treaties were thrown on the face of a warring enemy, who suddenly realized they had a more formidable conflict in their hands after they saw the secret treaty. Some important secret…

The Heat Is Killing Me..!

The stuffed teddy bear, belonging to one of my daughters when she’d been little, now sat in all regality on a little rocking chair, also belonging to my other daughter when she was little. The bear looked at me with its beady eyes, “Why are you pacing up and down…

Profiting from Suicide..!

A few months ago, a president of a social club called an organization which was to teach him leadership training and said, “I want my money back, I have no time for the course!” “Sir,” said the coordinator, “You know our policy, we don’t refund money, but we will do…

Our Valuable Junk..!

People coming home ask me why I still keep most of my junk, and I tell them of the same conversation I had with my car. “Where’s the car?” they ask, and I tell them about the talk I had with my car: “Garages!” said my car angrily that day,…

Passiontide and Justice..!

Was surprised to see that my Sunday political column had been displaced in the Nagpur newspaper, since they were celebrating their Golden Jubilee, but the title of the new piece said, “I See No Intolerance!” I was shocked! Hear more about my experience in my talk to the members of…