An Old Burnt Tire..!

People who come up to my garden wonder why I keep an old tire on which I’ve made a seat. Ah well, there’s a tale everywhere isn’t there? It happened some years ago, and I must say that watching your car going up in flames isn’t a pretty sight, and…

Do A Self Appraisal..!

A few of us go through life, thinking we are God’s gift to mankind or is it woman kind? We strut around, swagger and feel we are indispensable to home or company. “What would my family ever do without me?” we wonder, little realizing they could manage pretty well without…

The Bad Investment..!

‘Mr. Singh our housing society honorary secretary is coming to visit us now,’ said my wife putting down the phone, ‘he said it was a business visit.’ ‘Does he have any other business than being our society’s secretary?’ I asked surprised. ‘All I’ve seen him doing is instructing the watchman…

A National ‘Boxing’ Match..!

‘Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two one…’ shouts the referee and the whole nation watches in heightened anticipation and bated breath, whether the one who’s been floored will rise. Then sit up as he does, and gives the same deadly punch back to his opponent and the…

Solid Ground..!

After winning several archery contests, the young and rather boastful champion challenged an old saint who was also renowned for his skill as an archer. The young man demonstrated remarkable technical proficiency when he hit a distant bull’s eye on his first try, and then split that arrow with his…

Home Is Where the Heart Is..!

A few years back I’d gone to spend a month in Europe. It had been an exciting trip and I’d made many friends and visited wonderful places but when I boarded the Alitalia flight back home, there was an incredible childlike ecstasy like nothing I’d ever experienced before. I actually…