Reach Out and Touch..!

Up there in heaven, Mother Teresa, or St Teresa as she is now, must be looking down with sadness at the dying, the destitute, the poor and sick all over the world. She must be wishing she could still reach down and touch broken people and make them whole again….

Life Jam..!

Thought I’d spend the evening at the club last night and as we drove towards dusk, I noticed there was a traffic jam on the other side of the highway. We drove along freely watching the jam stretching for miles on end, when suddenly my daughter remarked, “Dad, do you…

Giving Away Your Shirt..!

‘…When we share—that is poetry in the prose of life…..’ Sigmund Freud Something terribly disgusting in our country is the glamour our political leaders portray through their ostentatious cars and homes they live in. The money they lavish on themselves so blatantly could easily feed a hundred families for a…

Bringing Up Children..!

A few years ago a school down the road asked me if I would address parents on how to bring up children! For a moment I asked myself as to how I’d been selected for the job, and wondered whether it had anything to do with bringing up two daughters,…

No Kick-Starter..!

It was after the unfurling of the flag at the Republic Day function, I notice a stall put up nearby, allowing people to test drive scooters. I go over, and realize it’s been over three decades I’d ridden one, but watch the salesman tell a customer, “Just press the switch!”…

Not Just Cheap Cars..!

How often before finding out more about the quality of a product, we go in for something cheaper based on the price and regret later. Thus, came this imaginary experience of a cheap car: “Our engineers burned the midnight oil to produce this car,” said the MD as he showed…

Be the Salt of India..!

Reached America last year on their day of thanksgiving or Thanksgiving Day as they call it, where even as celebrations went on, I also heard voices of discontent and simmering anger from groups of Native Indians, the original settlers of America. They spoke of atrocities, of hypocrisy and unfair means…