Oxford, Pfizer or Sputnik?

With nearly fifty vaccines nearly ready, I can imagine this scene soon: The phone rings, and you answer, Yes?” “Sir we are from the Russian vaccine company! We have free gifts to offer along with the dose!” “How nice!” you say, “And what are the free gifts?” “Five masks with…

Hold Me Lord…!

A few years ago I saw a case of suicide. It was a sweet seventeen-year old girl. I reached the place after the police had already pulled down the body from the fan where she had hung herself. They laid her on the bed. She wore a pair of jeans…

Knowing the Shepherd..!

Nothing in life can compare With the thrill of knowing God And knowing He knows you. “Why d’you bring God so often into your column?” asked someone angrily to me one day. “Can’t help it,” I replied, “He is my Shepherd!!” In the movie The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter,…

Freeing Our Women..!

My neighbour who has a habit of poking his nose in my business, stood outside my house, as I dismantled the grill, unscrewed the heavy steel door, and opened the thick wooden shades, “What are you doing?” he asked. “Freeing the women in my house!” I explained patiently. “You mean…

The Long Spoon Vaccine..!

Despite instructions, warnings and pleading from the government to abstain from lighting firecrackers, this Festival of Lights, the pleas fell largely on deaf ears. Dense smoke and deafening blasts of crackers bursting, clearly revealed the unconcerned people we really are. The allegory of the long spoons is a parable that…

A Bloodied Country..!

“Yours is one helluva bloody country,” exclaimed my English friend as he walked out of the airport. “On the contrary,” I protested, “we are a very peace loving, non violent people.” “Then why all the bloodshed,” said the Englishman. “Bloodshed?” I protested again. “Yeah there’s blood all over your land….