Losing the Vote Bank..!

Nobody likes protests! Nobody likes his vehicle stopped on a highway for hours because protestors are protesting. It’s irritating. It’s a nuisance! But it’s democracy! Just as a government is allowed to pass laws, a democratic constitution gives citizens the right to protest against those same laws or against any…

The Bottom Pincher..!

A man driving a car stopped at a signal and waited impatiently as the woman in the car in front, didn’t start immediately when the signal turned green. He started screaming and beating his fist on the steering wheel! A policeman tapped on his windshield and told him to step…

Beneath Today’s Red Carpet..!

And as the country celebrates her Republic Day parade today, as Guests of Honour; leaders from all over the world walk the red carpet and watch the impressive military might and cultural floats displayed for them, in my imagination, it was the President of Brazil, the Chief Guest, who pointed…

How To Be Secular..!

Many in our country are afraid of being called secular. Does it mean anti Hindu, anti Muslim, does it mean pro minority? Strangely a similar situation exists in America. The USA like ours, and unlike the UK, is a secular country, but for nearly three centuries, Christian thought in all…